Sterify is an innovative startup that develops medical devices for the treatment and prevention of bacterial infections (washing solutions for pre-implantation prostheses, wound healing patches and “diabetic foot” ulcers, gels for the treatment of infected bone defects and gels for the treatment of periodontitis and peri-implantitis).
The excessive use of antibiotics in surgical practice has created multi-resistant bacteria that are expected to lead to the deaths of 10 million people by 2050 [Amr-Review].
Through a technological platform, whose patents have already been filed, Sterify aims to produce and distribute lines of medical devices for use in general surgery, oro-maxillofacial surgery, orthopedics, neurosurgery and cosmetic surgery, capable of eliminating bacteria. and their biofilms, preventing microorganisms from creating resistance.
All the technologies produced, which will arrive on the market by the third quarter of 2022, have unique and innovative characteristics such as to represent the best solution in the prevention of infections, both for the characteristics of the materials and for the techniques of use with which they are applied.
Compared to other drugs or medical devices, Sterify’s products:
- They have a broad spectrum of action
- They don’t create resistance
- They promote tissue regeneration
- They are kept at room temperature
Focus and strengths
- Two patents already filed and registered trademark
- Consolidated distribution network
- Team with decades of experience in the biomedical sector
- Simple and scalable production processes